Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The New Object of My Affection

So last week I showed you a great console table at my local thrift shop. It was about 4 feet too long for my home, but I hoped you might like it. On my next foray, I found a very similar one, which although still not sized perfectly for my 1969 estate, would be a better fit. And at $18.75, how could I resist?

She's very sturdy (Drexel) and reminds me of the parsons-style dining table we had growing up. I loved the pattern of her veneer, but knew I was going for a sleek, white look.

I was hoping to replace this little dresser-turned-console that I got out of my friend's trash, because it was starting to fall apart (again):

Here is the new console before I painted her. Love!




I was NOT impressed with the quality of the off-white paint I used, but it could have been the humid painting conditions of July 4th weekend.




After:






Because of my stellar photog skills, you can choose between no flash and blurry:
Or with flash and stark:






Reality is somewhere in between.





Do you recognize those little silver stools underneath?
Yep, there's the crazy leather one I found a few months ago:





And his new buddy, Naugahyde Nate:

Silver spray paint did the trick. They look tiny in these photos, but are a perfect size for pull-up seating.





The two blue lamps (Crate and Barrel) came down from my little-used living room.




So there you have it, some family room freshening!

I know I probably show you far too many pictures of this room, but considering where it started, I can't help myself:

2003:





2005:





2008:




11 comments:

Kristina P. said...

You are a thrifting genius! I love the ampersand. I bought a small one for my bookshelf.

Jill said...

Love the white. With the photo picture! It brings out the color in the fun lamps!!

Your place looks fab! Can't wait to see it in person!

Cassie Bustamante said...

i LOVE that! it looks so west elm chic, but is vintage so way better!!!!

Gretchen said...

LOVE your redo projects.

How in the world do you get spray paint to stay on pleather?

I'm assuming it's not really leather???

Heidi said...

Love this! Those lamps are great. And I love what you did with the chairs.

Carly said...

Ohh! I *love* those silver stool-esque things (what do you call those, anyways?!). So cute! I would have been nervous to spray paint them! Way to make it happen :)

I just found your blog and am a new follower! Super cute! Excited to read more!

-Carly
www.createliveblog.com

Kate Coveny Hood said...

I love your table! Looks great with those blue lamps.

katie said...

LOVE the table, the lamps, and your silver stools. You continually cease to amaze me with your talent and gift! :)

Keep em coming.....

abeachcottage said...

Glad you found a table for the room. It looks great in white, well done. Also, it goes really well with everything. Great job with the stools, they look totally different! Thanks for linking to Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays.

I can't find my blog said...

I'm telling you, Anna. You totally need to come to CA. And start your own business. You have such a great eye!

TwoWishes Tara said...

As someone whose house still looks most like your "2003" photos, I'm encouraged to know it IS possible to get from one place to the other!

Though I'll admit to possibly taking your name in vain once or twice last week. After all your fabulous painted-furniture posts, I was inspired to tackle turning a daybed from brown to white. And the painting process turned out to be a total NIGHTMARE! Though now it looks beautiful, so I am back to praising you and your blog once again... :)