Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Flea Market Update

Saturday was breezy and beautiful-- a perfect day for a flea market. I had a great time, and Molly and Tom's help meant I didn't destroy my back in the process.



The only drawback? Very few people came. Like 8. Aargh.




It was fun to get "my stuff" out there and see what people thought of it. Those who came, bought, so that was a good sign. I was too busy to take real pictures, but thought I'd share a few phone pics of my booth.

















A lot of the stuff that didn't sell will stay in my friend Theresa's store, so I didn't have to lug much home.



My sister suggested that I open an etsy site for small items in the future, to reach more people, but I don't know. Thoughts?



And in case you couldn't survive Hump Day without a narcissistic hair update, here's my new cut:


I looked like that for exactly 2 days, and then I washed it. Now, the bush is back.


10 comments:

Kristina P. said...

You have cute things! I would totally buy those bird pictures/art.

Erin said...

The hair is super cute - and Yes to the etsy shop! Both very exciting!

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Was the 8 serious or sarcasm?

Etsy, I have no clue. I think it's all in the marketing. Add it to facebook and your blog. Feature more items on your blog to get the word out, the bird out, and it may work.

You have great stuff!

Kate Coveny Hood said...

Your hair looks great!

I wish I could have come on Saturday, but I had a birthday lunch for a friend. I'm sorry that you didn't get lots of customers, but the fact that your wares stay in the shop is great.

Let's plan another lunch soon!

I can't find my blog said...

I'd buy your stuff.

But you knew that, right?

Nichole@40daysof said...

Love the hair cut!

I think the Etsy store sounds like a great idea. But of course, I have no idea how much work is involved.

Heidi said...

Cute hair!! You should do Etsy. Great idea!

And if I was at that Flea Market I would have bought something from you. You've got good, good stuff!

Unknown said...

I would have totally been there and bought something(s)--saw many things in your pics I don't think I can live without!

Michelle DeRusha said...

Your booth looks super cute. Send me those bird pictures pronto please!

Sara said...

I've often wondered why you DON'T have an etsy store. Do it! That way, I can buy your cool things from far away!