Friday, April 15, 2011

5 Minute Friday Furniture Fun

Saw this little leather bad boy at the thrift shop for $4.00 and thought it might be a good place to rest my feet when the rest of the family is hogging the ottoman/coffee table. The problem? Do I need to say it? U-G-L-Y, you ain't got no alibi-- you ugly! With its funky paint job I hesitated for a moment, wondering whether it could be some valuable Middle Eastern prize that could fetch a pretty penny on Craigslist. But an itchy spray paint finger cannot be stopped. 5 minutes later I had a silver sensation. Tom really hates it and made some reference to our house turning into David Bowie. Does that mean the house looks like David Bowie the person? Or does it look the way David Bowie would decorate a house? Whatever. Now this perfectly imperfect little pouf resides under my coffee table/bench/boyfriend in the family room. You can read about how we got together right here. Sorry about the blurry iphone pic! I've lost my camera somewhere in the house, possibly in the David Bowie Sparkle Room.

10 comments:

Kristina P. said...

You have lots more vision than I do!

Ellen aka Ellie said...

How could you ruin the designer aspects of such a piece?

Seriously, like K.P. above said, you have vision!

Ellen aka Ellie said...

And BTW, nope not David Bowie but definitely Ziggy Stardust or The New York Dolls...

Susie - Walking Butterfly said...

Love it! The silver looks really good, most definitely a major improvement!

Anonymous said...

I want to steal your boyfriend! And that pouf can come with us when we run off together. Excellent work!!

jbhat

L said...

I love it!!!

Christy said...

Anna - it looks so cool! Have you seen the sparkly silver Moroccan ottomans that are all the rage now? Find a pic of one and show your husband, and explain that you just saved over $500 making one yourself! Ha!

Paige @ ModCapeCod said...

It looks so "domino" now!

purejoy said...

you are much more braver than i… i'd never think to spray paint it, but it works!! love your other ottoman/footstool thingy. soooo classy. love it!

Michelle DeRusha said...

Can I just say, I had no idea one could spraypaint leather (or faux leather, or pleather or whatever it is). That looks so good. I am wicked jealous. My house decor is so totally un-David Bowie cool. More like Mary Englebright. Sigh. Still growing out of my country phase.